Here are my picks for best summer-proof makeup… My Top Five products for keeping your hard work in place and looking lovely all day! And yes, you can use all these products for one complete look that’s wearable every day. :)
1. SEPHORA SCULPTING DISK – $24.00. It’s too hot for foundation and if you have a good tan going, it’s only going to cover it up! I love my new Sculpting Disk from Sephora – complete with bronzer, powder, and highlighter, it’s a 3-in-1 that’s worth every penny!
Apply the bronzer in a C-shape from your forehead down to under your cheek bones. Highlight the tops of your cheek bones, then powder your T-zone where sweat and oil tend to cause shine. Use the highlighter on your eyelids as well.
2. TARTE CHEEK STAIN – $30.00. Dot this cheek stain from Tarte in Natural Beauty on the apples of your cheeks and you’ll have a healthy, happy glow that lasts all day. Remember to blend with your fingertips!
Another beautiful shade to try is Flower Child – I use it during the winter months because I’m definitely a paler version of myself!
3. VOLUMINOUS MILLION LASHES MASCARA BY LOREAL – $8.95. I love this drugstore mascara so much – I’ve used many expensive mascaras and this one is just really beautiful. The wand is the perfect size and shape so it coats lashes without clumping or marking up your eyelid. Make sure you buy the waterproof formula for the summer months!
Brunettes will look great with Blackest Black or Black while blonds will look best in Black Brown (especially for brown eyes) or Carbon Black (best for blue eyes).
4. LAURA MERCIER HYDRATINT – $20. This beautiful “hydratint” is an SPF 15 lip balm that comes in 8 beautiful shades. Unlike other tinted balms (like Burt’s Bees – yikes!) the pigments are lovely and you’ll want to wear this all day, every day!
If you can, purchase this product at a shop like Sephora where you can try before you buy – purchasing a color based on looking at the tube is never a good idea. Pick your 3 favorite tints and try them all on before deciding.
5. URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER – $29.00. With this makeup setting spray, you can spritz your face 2-4 times and rest easy knowing that your powders, shadows, tints, and stains will stay put. I call it the All Dayer.
Meant for wild nights out, but good enough for everyday and perfect for special event makeup and brides!
So there you have it, my favorites – tried and true!!!